Hello Academy 21 Families!
Tomorrow is Picture Day!
- Pictures will be taken January 12th from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Students may drop-in for pictures. However, anyone with an appointment will be given first priority.
- Park at the Administration Building 26400 Arsenal, Center Line 48015
- Students will be greeted at the door by a staff member and helped through the process.
- For safe distancing and to reduce the number of people in the building, parents will not be allowed inside.
Hybrid Instruction Resumes for CLPS
- Students will begin to attend in person for instruction in all elementary, middle, and high school buildings. How does this affect Academy 21?
- Students will be able to attend the Academic Lab in person only if they are SCHEDULED by a teacher. We are unable to accommodate student drop-ins, as teachers have specific schedules to work with students virtually.
- Masks must be worn at all times, and health checks performed prior to coming into the building.
- There is no busing at this time.
The K-5 Academic Lab has a Temporary Home!
- K-5 staff are working out of the new Peck/ECC building until we make our big move to the “Eve Kaltz Academy 21 and Special Programs Center” in the fall.
- The phone number is the same 586-510-2810
- The new address is 26201 Lorraine, Center Line, 48015
- All 9-12 students, and middle school students who have HS credit classes, will take cumulative exams on January 19, 20, and 21.
- Students, it is your responsibility to take your exams as scheduled. Failure to do so may result in a failing grade on the exam.
- Students who have already completed classes and exams are exempt.
- Exam information link: https://4.files.edl.io/9596/12/14/20/220938-efc47c9c-89ce-4121-a867-18c0fe96e9e1.pdf
Communication is a foundation to the learning process. In order to give some structure and provide face to face communication, Mr. Ratkowski will be holding parent meetings every other week. The days and times are as follows:
Wednesdays 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Every OTHER Wednesday beginning January 20
Thursdays 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Every OTHER Thursday beginning January 21
If it is easier for you to join the meeting by getting an invite...please feel free to email Mr. Ratkowski at email@example.com or text 586-806-9309.
Helping Children at Beaumont
One of our Academy 21 families would like to invite you to participate in their toy/activity collection for children at Beaumont Hospital. Due to COVID, the playroom is not open, and anything that goes into a child’s hospital room must go home with that child. The toys and activities on the list will provide more inventory for the children to have something to play with and take home!
Check out the Amazon list and contribute if you can : Check out my list on Amazon
Have a great week everyone!